CrossFit Reaction offers a coaching internship program where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the best and most seasoned coaches in the business.
The internship program at CFR is unique and organic– it does not run on specific dates, as we often tailor the program to the interns’ schedules, abilities, and readiness to coach.
The internship program at CFR is unique and organic– it does not run on specific dates, as we often tailor the program to the interns’ schedules, abilities, and readiness to coach. This program does not typically work well for students or people looking to accomplish the whole thing in a rigid time frame or as something to compliment outside interests. We are looking for people who are passionate and fully vested in the CrossFit Reaction community.
*Please note, we are unable to provide CEU’s or class credits for the internship.
Require Shadowing/Assistant Coaching
This will primarily involve shadowing group classes, 1-on-1s, and our Bootcamp Classes. Interns are required to keep detailed records of their hours (detailing which classes and which coaches they shadowed) and balance their time between the different coaches and class times. Monthly check-ins with our Intern Program Director is required. The internship is largely self-directed and we seek out individuals who can take initiative, are excited, and are ready to learn.
Hours: 160 hours
- Be competent teaching dynamic warm-up and mobility.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of training techiniques and exercise modifications.
- Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism.
- Must be comfortable interacting with regular members, drop-ins, and speaking with potential new members.
- Present yourself in a progessional manner and act as a role model for all levels of fitness.
Out Of Town Applicants
- You will be responsible for your own lodging and incidentals during your time in CFR for the duration of the program.
- Our internship program generally lasts 3-4 months if you shadow part-time, 2 months if you shadow full-time.
- We are not able to assist with visa or work status paperwork.
During the time that you are an intern, you will continue to pay for an unlimited membership (of your choosing).